To the Student

Once a week each student is invited to write one entry. The topic is of your choice, but should be meaningful and respecting ethical values.
Did you have a good or bad day at school? Write about it. If you don't want to write about yourself, write about a rainy day, the streets of Istanbul or a famous person. These are just examples, of course. Feel free to express yourself!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Extra Time and Excuses

The other day I felt abused by my students. Generally I am a generous and goodhearted person, who wants to make people around me feel comfortable and happy. If I can help my students, I try to do my best. Some students, however, and always the same ones, regularly ask for extra time to submit their portfolio work. Once it happened, that I agreed to meet a student on Friday, but that student just did not come. Moreover, I have been asked for extra time on the very day and hour of portfolio time. I find such behavior rather disrespectful. Trying to analyze such behavior I came up with two conclusions: first, some people have not jet learnt to manage their time; second, their indifference whether to fail or pass school is overwhelming. From now on, I expect everybody to tell me by Monday about any problems related to PF submission. Requests for extra time after Monday will be declined. Nobody can foresee health problems - to get sick happens to everybody. I will understand. Provide me with a homework excuse note (or a note from the doctor), if this is the case. I do not want to hurt any body's feelings, but I can not let my feelings to be hurt by students. Thanks for your understanding.

2 comments:

B@H@R said...

I don't understand nothing. I hope, it wasn't connect with me!

Students Journal said...

It is not. Don't worry.